None of the schools for the Deaf in North Korea are in the capital Pyongyang. There are supposed to be about three hundred thousand Deaf people in North Korea.
A big problem is getting to meet with and diagnosing preschool children who are at home with their families who do not have knowledge of deaf ness and the help given. There is progress being made into bringing into being the first kindergarten for the Deaf in Pyongyang.
There is a Deaf North Korean football team that travels abroad from North Korea. North Korean Sign Language is used and it is similar to Korean Sign Language too.
* Scripture Prayers for the Deaf in Korea, North.
* Pray that the deaf North Korean footballers when they travel abroad will be given the gospel message and come to Jesus Christ and lead others to Him when they return.
* Pray that God will find ways of leading the North Korean deaf to Salvation.
* Pray that life will improve for the deaf.
* Pray for protection for North Korean Christians.
|Profile Source: Anonymous|
|People Name General||Deaf|
|People Name in Country||Deaf|
|Population this Country||258,000|
|Population all Countries||47,588,000|
|Progress Scale||1 ●|
|Frontier People Group||No|
|GSEC||0 (per PeopleGroups.org)|
|Pioneer Workers Needed||5|
|Persecution Rank||1 (Open Doors top 50 rank, 1 = highest persecution ranking)|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical Unknown)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|