Introduction / History
Shahina gracefully practiced her rope dance while her brother juggled and her sister prepared her leaves and stones for fortune telling. Today they would go to the outskirts of their camp where five prominent family heads would sit in judgment over disputes in the clan. Shahina's family would entertain observers at a distance from the court in the old traditional ways.
Where Are they Located?
The Bajigar people were nomads in what is now Pakistan until the 1947 Partition when they moved to India to escape violent Muslims. Now they work mostly in manual and agricultural jobs to contribute to the family income.
What Are Their Lives Like?
The Bajigars have a unique method of communication made of a network of messengers and information spreads quickly throughout their extended families and clans.
What Are Their Beliefs?
While Sikh Bajigars hold themselves apart from their Hindu neighbors, their religion is an enigma since many worship the Hindu gods, yet follow the prayers and rituals of Sikh gurus.
* Scripture Prayers for the Bajgar in India.
* Pray that the truth of the gospel will spread like a fire throughout Bajigar communities.
* Pray that the Lord will raise up workers to work this untouched field and bring the spark of God's truth to start a holy flame of salvation for the Bajigar people.
* Pray that the veil will be removed from the spiritual eyes of the Bajigar people.
* Ask God to deliver them from sorcery and other forms of twisted spirituality, and replace it with a healthy fear of the Living God.