Introduction / History
Namassej Chandel people are tied in with a Hindu-based religious reformation.
Where Are they Located?
The Namassej Chandel people are found all over West Bengal, northeast Indian states, Orissa, Bihar, Jharkhand, Kornatak, Maharastra, Chhattishgarh, Uttaranchal and to some extent all over India. Most live in nearby Bangladesh. A small number live in the U.K., Canada and the U.S.A.
What Are Their Lives Like?
Their cultural life is very much like an average Bengali. They are hard-working, very lively, enthusiastic and conscious of their own identity. They are known as being very honest. Their economic condition is very bad. The number of people with higher education is low. They are engaged in all kinds of professions but those living in villages are engaged in agriculture. A very small number of their people are employed either by the government or the private sector.
What Are Their Beliefs?
Their community reformation started with one religious leader who believed in Monist Hinduism or Motua religion. They are Adi-Rikved believers which is outside the Varna system. His son and other descendants took charge of his unfinished work. They manage Matua-Mahasangha. One such Mahasangha has now been established in New York, U.S.A. Their holy books are Harililamrito (in Bengali), Guruchandcharitaamrit (in Bengali), Namassejsantokotha or Matuasmritokotha (in English, published from LAP, Germany). Their main spiritual leaders are Harichand, Guruchand. They are spiritually influenced by traditional Indian religions.
* Scripture Prayers for the Namassej Chandel in Bangladesh.
* Pray for a "Book of Acts" type of movement to Christ among the Namassej Chandel people in Bangladesh and India.
* Pray for the Namassej Chandel people to understand and embrace that Jesus wants to bless their families and neighborhoods.
* Pray for Holy Spirit anointed believers from the Namassej Chandel people to change their society from within.
* Pray for a movement in which the Holy Spirit leads and empowers disciples to make more disciples.
* Pray for a movement of Jesus to heal and strengthen Namassej Chandel communities.