In the eighth century, Sindhis became part of an Islamic Empire, enabling Arabs to enter India. Sindhi people have Persian links that have influenced them. Sindhi Muslims of India are also called Sandhai. They have their roots in Pakistan's Sindh Province.
They live in Kutch and Saurashtra districts, and Junagadh in India's Gujarat State, which is just south of Pakistan's Sindh Province.
Some Sindhi Muslims are nomadic and look after cattle. They breed other animals such as buffaloes. Many are also farmers. Some have gone to other parts of India looking for work.
Sindhi people do not allow their people to marry outside their community.
They are Sunni Muslims who have also been influenced by Sufism. There are Sufi shrines in Sindhi communities.
They need open hearts to hear God's answers to their spiritual problems.
* Scripture Prayers for the Sindhi (Muslim traditions) in India.
* Pray that Sindhi people will be liberated by God's Holy Spirit from the many ties that bind them to lives devoid of Christ's blessings.
* Pray that Sindhi people will see past their respective traditional worship to the futility of it all and experience a growing desire to know the truth of God's Word.
* Pray for the Lord to multiply the reception and influence of His Word among Sindhi people, leading them to love Him with their whole being.
* Pray for the Holy Spirit to anoint Sindhi families, especially the children and youth, and to raise up a new generation of fruitful, multiplying witnesses of Christ's mercy and love.
|Profile Source: Karen Hightower|
|People Name General||Sindhi (Muslim traditions)|
|People Name in Country||Sindhi (Muslim traditions)|
|Progress Scale||1 ●|
|Frontier People Group||Yes|
|Pioneer Workers Needed||3|
|Alternate Names||Bhatia, Kachchi, Sindhi, सिंधी (मुस्लिम ट्रेडिशन्स)|
|National Bible Society||Website|
|Persecution Rank||10 (Open Doors top 50 rank, 1 = highest persecution ranking)|
|Total States on file||5|
|Specialized Website||South Asia Peoples|
|Primary Language||Sindhi (89,000 speakers)|
|Language Code||snd Ethnologue Listing|
|Language Written||Yes ScriptSource Listing|
Primary Language: Sindhi
|Bible Translation ▲||Status (Years)|
|Bible-New Testament||Yes (1890-1992)|
|Possible Print Bibles|
|Forum Bible Agencies|
|National Bible Societies|
|World Bible Finder|
|Resource Type ▲||Resource Name|
|Audio Recordings||Audio Bible teaching (GRN)|
|Audio Recordings||Online New Testament (FCBH)|
|Audio Recordings||Oral Bible|
|Audio Recordings||Story of Jesus audio (Jesus Film Project)|
|Film / Video||Jesus Film: view in Sindhi|
|Film / Video||Magdalena (Jesus Film Project)|
|Film / Video||The Hope Video|
|Film / Video||The Prophets' Story|
|General||Got Questions Ministry|
|Text / Printed Matter||Bible: Common Language New Testament|
|Text / Printed Matter||Online Bible (Bibles India)|
|Text / Printed Matter||World Missionary Press Booklets|