The Tseku people are one of the Tibetan groups, related to the larger Kham Tibetans.
Most of the Tseku people live in Tibet, but some are in Bhutan.
The Tseku live in the high, remote Himalayan Mountains, and they are small enough that they have escaped the notice of most outsiders. Since their language is similar to the Kham Tibetans, they are probably confused with that larger people group.
The lifestyle of peoples in this part of the world is grim. Freezing, blizzardlike weather is the norm, so people groups like the Tseku either adapt to the climate or they perish. Their food source usually comes from the meat and milk from their livestock and from barley and rice.
The Tseku are Tibetan Buddhists. Their Buddhist beliefs are mixed with bon, an ancient shamanistic belief system. They rely on demons, ghosts, and the spirits of disembodied deities to guide their decisions. Many Buddhist monks are able to call up fearsome demons, who sometimes visualize in front of them. The most devout monks are reported to be able to transport themselves spiritually from one place to another and have been reputed to appear in different widespread locations on the same day.
The Tseku people need to find ways to survive, both economically and spiritually.
* Scripture Prayers for the Tseku in Bhutan.
* Pray for the Holy Spirit to give the Tseku people teachable and understanding hearts.
* Pray for a strong movement of the Holy Spirit to bring entire Tseku families into a rich experience of God's blessing.
* Pray for Tseku families to be drawn by the Holy Spirit to seek forgiveness, and to understand the adequacy of Christ's work on the cross.
* Pray for teams of believers to do sustained, focused prayer for the Lord to open the hearts of Tseku family leaders to experience God's blessing through a movement of family-based discovery Bible studies.
|Profile Source: Keith Carey|
|People Name General||Tseku|
|People Name in Country||Tseku|
|Population this Country||6,500|
|Population all Countries||22,000|
|Progress Scale||1 ●|
|Frontier People Group||Yes|
|GSEC||1 (per PeopleGroups.org)|
|Pioneer Workers Needed||1|
|Persecution Rank||43 (Open Doors top 50 rank, 1 = highest persecution ranking)|
|Total States on file||2|
|Specialized Website||South Asia Peoples|