Cultures mix through the centuries, and Tunisia is no exception. The Arabs in that country have been influenced by North African Berber tribes in such a way that they are different than Arabs who live further east in the Levant region of the Middle East and the Arabian Peninsula.
Most Tunisians remain in their small North African country, but some have tried to make a better living in European countries. These Tunisians are most likely to go to France or Italy, but a small number now live in Denmark where they blend in with other people from the Arab World.
Most Tunisian Arabs in Europe come from a middle-class background, but some are doing menial work. They found themselves less welcome in Europe as refugees from Iraq and Syria poured into Europe in the mid 2010s.
Whether a Tunisian Arab is spiritually minded or not, they remain loyal to Sunni Islam. To them, Islam means solidarity with their own culture. To turn to another religious system would be seen as betrayal to their country and to their families. Those who decide to follow Christ usually face stiff resistance from the people they love most.
It is difficult for people from the Arab World to assimilate into Danish society. They come from a part of the world with a different language, religion, and customs. They can use the help of people who will teach them needed job skills and the Danish language.
* Scripture Prayers for the Arab, Tunisian in Denmark.
* Ask God to call out prayer teams who will begin breaking up the spiritual soil through intercession.
* Several mission agencies have focused on the Arabized Berbers living in European nations. Pray that God will use them to open the eyes of the Tunisian Arabs to the glory of the risen Savior.
* There are some Berbers in North Africa that have embraced Christ, and now live in Europe. Pray that God will call some of these to reach out to the Tunisian Arabs in Denmark.
* Ask the Lord to raise up strong disciple making movements among each Arabic-speaking community in Denmark.
|Profile Source: Keith Carey|
|Primary Language||Arabic, Tunisian Spoken (900 speakers)|
|Language Code||aeb Ethnologue Listing|
|Language Written||Yes ScriptSource Listing|
Primary Language: Arabic, Tunisian Spoken
|Bible Translation ▲||Status (Years)|
|Bible-New Testament||Yes (2011)|
|Possible Print Bibles|
|Forum Bible Agencies|
|National Bible Societies|
|World Bible Finder|
|Resource Type ▲||Resource Name|
|Audio Recordings||Arabic Bibles Online|
|Audio Recordings||Audio Bible teaching (GRN)|
|Audio Recordings||Oral Bible stories in Arabic, Tunisian Spoken|
|Audio Recordings||Story of Jesus audio (Jesus Film Project)|
|Film / Video||God's Story Video|
|Film / Video||Jesus Film: view in Arabic, Tunisian Spoken|
|Film / Video||Magdalena (Jesus Film Project)|
|Text / Printed Matter||Bible: Arabic Tunisian New Testament|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 0.00 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|