The Tai Pao people are part of the Kadai cluster of languages and people groups. They live in a region that is home to more than 140 small tribes.
The Tai Pao people live in Laos and Vietnam.
The Tai Pao people are earnest seekers, zealously striving to interpret dreams, soliciting the help of monks and nuns, even consulting spirit mediums. Unfortunately, they are not seeking God or even wisdom. They are after something they consider much more valuable: lucky numbers. The lottery has captured their collective attention, motivating them to spend their energy and money trying to get rich quick.
The Tai Pao practice a mixture of animism and Theravada Buddhism. Such a religious intertwining has existed in Laos since Buddhism was introduced. Even stories of the introduction of Buddhism to Laos have evolved into animistic myth.
For the Tai Pao, maintaining their culture is equally as important as their religious beliefs. Accordingly, the few Tai Pao who have been exposed to the gospel have not seriously considered it, believing that to become a Christian would be a disgrace against their culture and heritage as a Tai Pao.
The Tai Pao people need transformed hearts that will be open to the things that matter.
* Scripture Prayers for the Tai Pao in Vietnam.
* Ask Him to send workers who will communicate the unsurpassing greatness and supremacy of God and His son.
* Pray for the eyes and hearts of the Tai Paos to be turned away from superficial wealth and opened toward the glorious, eternal riches of Christ Jesus.
* Pray the Tai Pao would no longer be hidden away from the influence of Christianity.
* Pray for dreams and visions that will give them the willingness to seek Him.
|Profile Source: Keith Carey|
|People Name General||Tai Pao|
|People Name in Country||Tai Pao|
|Population this Country||10,000|
|Population all Countries||12,000|
|Progress Scale||1 ●|
|Frontier People Group||Yes|
|Pioneer Workers Needed||1|
|Alternate Names||Pao; Tay Pao|
|Persecution Rank||19 (Open Doors top 50 rank, 1 = highest persecution ranking)|
|Location in Country||North, Nghe An province. Source: Ethnologue 2016|
|Primary Religion:||Ethnic Religions|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 0.00 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|