Early in the history of India, the land was ruled by 56 kings; 26 of them were of the Vakkaliga Kappiliyan people. They were of Dravidian origin, the original inhabitants of India.
This Hindu people group lives only in southern Tamil Nadu.
Vakkaliga Kappiliyan people are agricultural by custom, although they have excelled in several fields of development in forestry, education, linguistics, arts, culture, health, and sciences.
This unreached people group is completely Hindu in their religious belief system. They worship many gods, and those gods rule their lives.
Although a full range of Bible resources exists in Kannada, the spoken language of Vakkaliga Kappiliyan people, and though many of them are educated and serve in high places in Indian culture, they remain unreached with the gospel. How will they learn the truth?
* Scripture Prayers for the Vakkaliga Kappiliyan in India.
* Pray for gospel workers to catch a vision for reaching the Vakkaliga Kappiliyanpeople for Jesus and that in God’s sovereign timing their hearts would be open and ready to follow Him.
* Pray for Jesus movements to bless extended Vakkaliga Kappiliyan families so the gospel will spread rapidly among this people group.
* Pray for the spiritual lives of the Vakkaliga Kappiliyan people to become fruitful as they follow Christ.
* Pray for the lives and culture of the Vakkaliga Kappiliyan people to evidence the rule and reign of the Kingdom of God as they open to the gospel, and for the beauty of Jesus to be seen in them.
|Profile Source: Keith Carey|
|People Name General||Vakkaliga Kappiliyan|
|People Name in Country||Vakkaliga Kappiliyan|
|Natural Name||Kappiliyan Vakkaliga|
|Progress Scale||1 ●|
|Frontier People Group||Yes|
|Pioneer Workers Needed||1|
|Alternate Names||Kappilar; Kappilia Gounder; Kappilia Kounder; Kappilian; Kappiliyan; Kappiliyar; Okkalia; Okkalia Gowda; Okkaliya Gounder; Vokkaliga Gounder; Vokkaliga Gowda; Vokkaliga Kappiliar; वाककलीगा कप्पीलियन|
|National Bible Society||Website|
|Persecution Rank||10 (Open Doors top 50 rank, 1 = highest persecution ranking)|
|Specialized Website||South Asia Peoples|
Primary Language: Kannada
|Bible Translation ▲||Status (Years)|
|Bible-New Testament||Yes (1823-1995)|
|Possible Print Bibles|
|Forum Bible Agencies|
|National Bible Societies|
|World Bible Finder|
|Resource Type ▲||Resource Name|
|Audio Recordings||Audio Bible teaching (GRN)|
|Audio Recordings||Father's Love Letter|
|Audio Recordings||Online New Testament (FCBH)|
|Audio Recordings||Online Scripture / Bible|
|Audio Recordings||Oral Bible stories in Kannada|
|Audio Recordings||Story of Jesus audio (Jesus Film Project)|
|Film / Video||Following Jesus (India, JF Project)|
|Film / Video||God's Story Video|
|Film / Video||Jesus Film: view in Kannada|
|Film / Video||Magdalena (Jesus Film Project)|
|Film / Video||My Last Day (Jesus Film Project Anime)|
|Film / Video||Story of Jesus for Children (JF Project)|
|General||Four Spiritual Laws|
|General||Got Questions Ministry|
|Mobile App||Download Bible from Google Play Store|
|Text / Printed Matter||Bible: ಕನ್ನಡ - Kannada|
|Text / Printed Matter||Bibles, Bible League|
|Text / Printed Matter||International Bible Society|
|Text / Printed Matter||OneHope resources for children and youth|
|Text / Printed Matter||Online New Testament (Bibles India)|