The Dhawa Mallahs have a tribal background. Tribal peoples in highly dense places like West Bengal, India, are usually forced by circumstances to leave their homeland and blend in with other people groups.
The Dhawa Mallahs in India live in West Bengal. Some live further east in Bangladesh.
The Dhawa Mallah people in Bangladesh and India are a dwindling indigenous group of landless people. Many indigenous people groups in Bangladesh are leaving their original homelands.
There are both Muslim and Hindu communities among the Mallah Dhawa people. The Hindus among them have a pragmatic view of religion. They worship or appease whatever god they need to come to their aid.
Their greatest need is to understand that the one true God loves them and has provided payment of the penalty for all of their sins.
They need quality of life instructions and practical helps to survive with their families.
* Scripture Prayers for the Mallah Dhawa (Muslim traditions) in India.
* Pray for gospel workers to catch a vision for reaching the Dhawa Mallah people for Jesus and that in God's sovereign timing the hearts of these people will be open and ready to follow Him.
* Pray for Jesus movements to bless extended families so the gospel will spread rapidly among this people group.
* Pray for the spiritual lives of the Dhawa Mallah people to become fruitful as they follow Christ.
* We pray for the lives and culture of the Dhawa Mallah people to evidence the rule and reign of the Kingdom of God as they open to the gospel, and for the beauty of Jesus to be seen in them.
|Profile Source: Keith Carey|
|People Name General||Mallah Dhawa (Muslim traditions)|
|People Name in Country||Mallah Dhawa (Muslim traditions)|
|Progress Scale||1 ●|
|Frontier People Group||Yes|
|Pioneer Workers Needed||1|
|Alternate Names||मल्लाह धावा (हिंदू ट्रेडिशन्स)|
|National Bible Society||Website|
|Persecution Rank||10 (Open Doors top 50 rank, 1 = highest persecution ranking)|
|Specialized Website||South Asia Peoples|
|Primary Language||Bengali (15,000 speakers)|
|Language Code||ben Ethnologue Listing|
|Language Written||Yes ScriptSource Listing|
Primary Language: Bengali
|Bible Translation ▲||Status (Years)|
|Bible-New Testament||Yes (1801-1984)|
|Possible Print Bibles|
|Forum Bible Agencies|
|National Bible Societies|
|World Bible Finder|
|Resource Type ▲||Resource Name|
|Audio Recordings||Audio Bible teaching (GRN)|
|Audio Recordings||Online New Testament - Bangla Version (FCBH)|
|Audio Recordings||Online New Testament - Mussolmani Version (FCBH)|
|Audio Recordings||Online New Testament- Common Version (FCBH)|
|Audio Recordings||Online Scripture (Talking Bibles)|
|Audio Recordings||Oral Bible stories in Bengali|
|Audio Recordings||Story of Jesus audio (Jesus Film Project)|
|Film / Video||Following Jesus (India, JF Project)|
|Film / Video||God's Love Story|
|Film / Video||God's Story Video|
|Film / Video||Jesus Film: view in Bengali|
|Film / Video||Magdalena (Jesus Film Project)|
|Film / Video||My Last Day (Jesus Film Project Anime)|
|Film / Video||Rivka (Jesus Film Project)|
|Film / Video||Story of Jesus for Children (JF Project)|
|Film / Video||The Prophets' Story|
|Film / Video||The Savior 3 - Woman at the Well|
|Film / Video||The Savior 8 - Jesus is Risen|
|General||Four Spiritual Laws|