Introduction / History
The Kharadi are a subgroup of the Badhai peoples, also known as the Jangid Brahmins. Badhai peoples are considered by Hindus to be the successors of Vishwakarma, known as the "chief architect" or as the creator of the world in Hindu culture. In ancient times Jangid Brahmins were described as saints involved in meditation in jungles who had inner visions and performed scientific experiments for the betterment of others. Their inner visions gave them the inspiration to create various idols and images of gods and goddesses to be worshipped by Hindus. This gave them the status of divine people.
Where Are they Located?
Hundreds of years ago they enjoyed the status of chief engineers / architects in Indian villages and cultures. Ancient Indian art and culture came largely from their wisdom and knowledge. They were the ones who designed and built temples, chariots and war equipment. They provided sketches or blueprints to other castes who assisted them.
This Hindu people group lives in Maharashtra and Gujarat, two states in western India.
What Are Their Lives Like?
Large numbers of them have lost their jobs, and more and more people from other castes are now doing various technical works instead of the Badhai peoples. They no longer have nearly exclusive skills in these kinds of work, which has led to them losing some of their status. However, the Badhai people today are usually employed in the fields of engineering, education, and small-scale industrial manufacturing for large industries. Some work in carpentry, stone work or timber trade. Most will not do manual labor because of their pride and high self-esteem.
What Are Their Beliefs?
They devoutly follow the ancient ways of Hinduism. They are very much committed to the Hindu religious system since they themselves created various Hindu idols and temples.
What Are Their Needs?
The Kharadi Badhai people need training in other areas so they can excel economically.
* Scripture Prayers for the Badhai Kharadi in India.
* Pray for the Holy Spirit to give the Kharadi Badhai people teachable and understanding hearts.
* Pray that a strong movement of the Holy Spirit will bring entire Kharadi Badhai families into a rich experience of God's blessing.
* Pray for Kharadi Badhai families to be drawn by the Holy Spirit to seek forgiveness, and to understand the adequacy of Christ's work on the cross.
* Pray for teams of believers to do sustained, focused prayer for the Lord to open the hearts of Kharadi Badhai family leaders to experience God's blessing through a movement of family-based discovery Bible studies.