The Muak Sa-ak people are not well known outside of their Myanmar homeland. At this point in time, they are not likely to be reached with the gospel, partly because they live in a closed country.
The Muak Sa-ak people live in Myanmar and southern China.
Like other people groups in this region, the Muak Sa-ak people earn a meager living by farming rice and vegetables. Their meat supply comes from their livestock and by fishing.
The Muak Sa-ak people are animistic, meaning that they are at the mercy of the spirit world. They make offerings to the spirits in hopes of being blessed with abundant harvests and healthy family members. Neglecting the spirits will result in curses in these areas.
The Muak Sa-ak people need to be released from fear of wicked spirits.
* Scripture Prayers for the Muak Sa-aak in Myanmar (Burma).
* Pray for spiritual openness among the Muak Sa-ak people of Myanmar.
* Pray for dreams and visions for Muak Sa-ak leaders that will give them the willingness to encourage believers to reach their tribe.
* Pray for the Muak Sa-ak people to have the chance to hear the gospel in a culturally appropriate way.
* Pray for a disciple making movement among this people group to transform their communities in Myanmar.
|Profile Source: Keith Carey|
|National Bible Society||Website|
|Persecution Rank||19 (Open Doors top 50 rank, 1 = highest persecution ranking)|
|Location in Country||Shan state: Mong Yawng township. Source: Ethnologue 2017|
Primary Language: Muak Sa-aak
|Bible Translation ▲||Status (Years)|
|Possible Print Bibles|
|Forum Bible Agencies|
|National Bible Societies|
|World Bible Finder|
|Resource Type ▲||Resource Name|
|Text / Printed Matter||Online Bible text (Scripture Earth)|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 10.00 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|