Introduction / History
There are approximately 3,400 people living in the Northwestern village of Laya. They take their name from the village in which they live, Laya, and call themselves Layaps. The languages spoken in Laya are Layakha and Dzongkha. According to legend, the village in which they live was the spot the founder of Bhutan first entered the country.
What Are Their Beliefs?
The Layaps are entirely Buddhist and practice the tradition of shunning individuals from society who are deemed a living defilement so as to not anger the gods. The Layaps are mainly crop and yak farmers, they rely heavily on the yaks in order to make cheese, butter, meat, tea and clothing, which form a heavy part of their diet. The village of Laya is the highest in all of Bhutan and as a result attracts tourists from around the world.
* Ask God to act just like He did in Lydia and open the hearts of the Layaps to pay special attention to His message and that God would remove the veil from their hearts and open their ears to receive the good news of Jesus Christ.
* Ask God to send missionaries and messengers of the gospel to Laya in order to tell the Layaps about Jesus Christ and His Love, Forgiveness and Grace for them.
* Ask God to bring the message of Jesus Christ to the people of Laya and that as He changes their hearts they will come to the knowledge of the truth and be united with God for all eternity.
* Ask God to provide His Word both spoken and written to flow into Laya and to deeply touch the people's hearts, that through hearing the message of Jesus they may have faith in Him.
* Ask God to work in the lives of each of the people living in Laya in whatever way necessary in order to bring them to their knees in repentance at the foot of the cross and that they may be forgiven of their sins and be saved through Jesus Christ.
* Ask God to supernaturally work in the lives of the people of Laya and that through the power of His Holy Spirit the entire village of Laya can accept the gospel message of Jesus Christ and become a Jesus centered village becoming a Christian catalyst for the entire country of Bhutan.
* Ask God to dramatically open the eyes of the people of Laya to the beauty and splendor of creation all around them and to give them a dissatisfaction and lack of peace in their Buddhist beliefs and to supernaturally reveal to them the majesty of Jesus Christ.
* Fervently pray that the people of Laya may be saved!