In the eighth century, Sindhis became part of an Islamic Empire, enabling Arabs to enter India. Sindhi people have Persian links that have influenced them. They have their roots in Pakistan's Sindh Province.
Samon Sindhis live in Pakistan’s Sindh Province.
There are many Muslim Sindhis in Pakistan that would like Sindh Province to become its own separate nation. Some of them believe that the Punjabis from Punjab Province control the wealth and the resources of Pakistan at the expense of the local populations.
The Sindhis are Sunni Muslims who have been influenced by Sufism. There are Sufi shrines in Sindhi communities. Sufism is a more emotional and mystical version of Islam. Some of their beliefs seem almost Hindu. One of the strongest things about Sufism is that they have an emotional bond with their creator, something that can possibly by a bridge to the gospel.
The Muslim Samon Sindhis need to understand that they cannot stand clean before a Holy God without a savior to pay for their sins.
* Scripture Prayers for the Sindhi Samon in Pakistan.
* Pray for the Holy Spirit to give the Samon Sindhi people teachable and understanding hearts.
* Pray that a strong movement of the Holy Spirit will bring entire Samon Sindhi families into a rich experience of God’s blessing.
* Pray for Samon Sindhi families to be drawn by the Holy Spirit to seek forgiveness, and to understand the adequacy of Christ’s work on the cross.
* Pray for teams of believers to do sustained, focused prayer for the Lord to open the hearts of Samon Sindhi family leaders to experience God’s blessing through a movement of family-based discovery Bible studies.
|Profile Source: Keith Carey|
|People Name General||Sindhi Samon|
|People Name in Country||Sindhi Samon|
|Natural Name||Samon Sindhi|
|Population this Country||180,000|
|Population all Countries||271,000|
|Progress Scale||1 ●|
|Frontier People Group||Yes|
|Pioneer Workers Needed||4|
|Alternate Names||Samon; सिंधी समों|
|National Bible Society||Website|
|Persecution Rank||5 (Open Doors top 50 rank, 1 = highest persecution ranking)|
|Specialized Website||South Asia Peoples|
|Primary Language||Sindhi (173,000 speakers)|
|Language Code||snd Ethnologue Listing|
|Language Written||Yes ScriptSource Listing|
Primary Language: Sindhi
|Bible Translation ▲||Status (Years)|
|Bible-New Testament||Yes (1890-1992)|
|Possible Print Bibles|
|Forum Bible Agencies|
|National Bible Societies|
|World Bible Finder|
|Resource Type ▲||Resource Name|
|Audio Recordings||Audio Bible teaching (GRN)|
|Audio Recordings||Online New Testament (FCBH)|
|Audio Recordings||Oral Bible|
|Audio Recordings||Story of Jesus audio (Jesus Film Project)|
|Film / Video||Indigitube.tv Video / Animation|
|Film / Video||Jesus Film: view in Sindhi|
|Film / Video||Magdalena (Jesus Film Project)|
|Film / Video||The Hope Video|
|Film / Video||The Prophets' Story|
|General||Gospel website in this language|
|General||Got Questions Ministry|
|Text / Printed Matter||Bible: Common Language New Testament|
|Text / Printed Matter||Online Bible text (Scripture Earth)|
|Text / Printed Matter||World Missionary Press Booklets|