Facebook and the Unreached
Ever wonder if you could use Facebook to help bring the Gospel to unreached people groups? Laura Krokos recently discovered a great way to do this. Joshua Project recently tried out Laura's idea. Here is what we did:
- Pray and ask God to lead you through this whole process.
- Pick an unreached people group you want to reach by searching the Joshua Project website. [We chose the Kazakh of Kazakhstan.]
- Find an evangelistic website or tool in their language. You can do this couple different ways:
- On a people group profile click on the name of the offical (primary) language. Click on the "Resources" tab to see which tools are available in that language. [We chose the JESUS film in Kazakh.]
- Alternatively, search online for evangelistic websites in that language. Be sure to choose a site with enough information to allow them to continue to discover about Jesus if they are interested. Choose a site that clearly shares the Gospel and offers discipleship material if they do surrender their life to Jesus.
- Choose a location for the people group. [We chose all of Kazakhstan based on the demographics of that country. It may not be possible to choose a specific city center where the people group is located.]
- Choose other demographic information for the people group. [We chose an audience of 18 and older.]
- Add search words that will make the ad appear on people's Facebook page. [We chose #Astana, #Spirituality, #God, #Kazakhs, #Hope, #Prayer, #Truth, #Kazakhstan or #Jesus]
It might be helpful to let people know on Facebook what you did and ask them to be praying for the people the ad is going to get in front of. Feel free to share this so we can reach more unreached people with the gospel.