The ancestors of the Lyuli people were probably a caste of singers and dancers who, because of economic hardship, had to move elsewhere. They were scattered to several countries including what is now Tajikistan.
Most of the Lyuli people live in Tajikistan, Uzbekistan or Kyrgyzstan. A smaller number live in Russia. Their language is a dialect of Tajik, a bigger Turkic language.
Lyuli families have clans and sub-clans. They are closed towards anyone outside the Lyuli community, especially since they are not accepted by many of the peoples they meet, especially Russians and Kyrgyz. They are probably better accepted by Tajiks than other Central Asian peoples because of the similar language.
The Lyuli people are 100 percent Sunni Muslim.
This people group needs acceptance and the chance to earn an honest living. They need to know that even if other peoples don't accept them, they are loved and accepted by the Heavenly Father.
* Scripture Prayers for the Lyuli in Tajikistan.
* Pray for the Lyuli people to rise above the discrimination they experience and gain their dignity through a relationship with God the Father.
* Pray that the Lord will raise the Lyuli people up as His children, and give them the chance to become part of His family.
* Pray for believers to reach out to the Lyuli people in love and compassion.
* Pray for a Disciple-Making Movement to emerge among the Lyuli people of Tajikistan.
|Profile Source: Keith Carey|
|People Name General||Lyuli|
|People Name in Country||Lyuli|
|Progress Scale||1 ●|
|Frontier People Group||Yes|
|Unengaged||Yes (per Finishing the Task)|
|GSEC||1 (per PeopleGroups.org)|
|Pioneer Workers Needed||1|
|Alternate Names||Jughi, Luli, Mugat, Mughat, Multani|
|Persecution Rank||29 (Open Doors top 50 rank, 1 = highest persecution ranking)|
Primary Language: Domari
|Bible Translation ▲||Status (Years)|
|Possible Print Bibles|
|Forum Bible Agencies|
|National Bible Societies|
|World Bible Finder|
|Resource Type ▲||Resource Name|
|Audio Recordings||Audio Bible teaching (GRN)|
|Film / Video||Jesus Film: view in Domari|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 0.00 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|