Introduction / History
The Puran Bhaja are one of the people groups that speaks the Panchapargania language. Panchapargania is basically a regional language spoken near Ranchi, the main city in Jharkhand.
Where Are they Located?
This Hindu people lives in Jharkhand, a state in eastern India.
What Are Their Lives Like?
Since the region they live in consists largely of plains, the land is easy to cultivate. Most Puran Bhaja people have their own land on which they grow rice, vegetables, sugar cane, millet etc. A few of them work for others as laborers. They also make different types of baskets, trays, rope, carpets made of ropes, mats, brooms, etc.
What Are Their Beliefs?
Most Puran Bhaja people live in villages away from towns, where little development of the infrastructure has taken place. Villagers distrust anyone from outside their area, so this will be a challenge to those who take Christ to them.
Panchpargania speakers are mainly Hindus by faith. There are several Catholic and Protestant churches in the region. However, the ministries of these churches are not specifically focused on Panchpargania speakers like the Puran Bhaja people. Those who have responded to the Gospel from the region originally belonged to lower castes such as Scheduled Castes and Tribes. Though Christians, they still carry the stigma of being low caste and other communities look down on them, with the Christian faith considered to be the religion of outcastes. Several Christian messages are available in Panchpargania in audio format. However, God's Word in Panchpargania is essential for the Christians to understand and practice their faith properly. It will also be a great tool to communicate the Gospel message to others.
What Are Their Needs?
The Puran Bhaja people need to find their way to the holy family head by God the Father.
* Scripture Prayers for the Puran Bhaja in India.
* Pray for families of Puran Bhaja believers loving and serving others to grow into a reproducing church movement.
* Pray for a chain reaction of families reaching families that results in thousands of new Puran Bhaja believers who share their faith with others.
* Pray for grace and truth expanding into the entire Puran Bhaja society as all believers learn to love others.
* Pray that churches and believers will bless their entire people group in such a way that God's love will change the Puran Bhaja people like yeast changes dough.