Introduction / History
Chamling people are defined by their language as well as by ethnicity. They are a small people group.
Where Are they Located?
Chamling speakers live only in Nepal.
What Are Their Lives Like?
There is interest in this small language spoken by some of the Rai tribal people in Nepal. You can find Chamling folk songs on YouTube. There is also a great gospel message for them sponsored by Global Recordings Network (GRN).
What Are Their Beliefs?
No doubt they have been approached by Hindus who hope to bring them into the overall Hindu fold. Yet Chamling speakers adhere to their own traditional religion, which gives them identity as a people. They have their own gods and spirit beings.
What Are Their Needs?
Chamling speakers need the opportunity to hear that there is a God who is over all, who created all that they see and all that they have. They need the chance to hear of His glory!
* Scripture Prayers for the Chamling in Nepal.
* Pray for gospel workers to catch a vision for reaching the Chamling people of Nepal for Jesus and that in God’s sovereign timing their hearts would be open and ready to follow Him.
* Pray for Jesus movements to bless extended Chamling families so the gospel will spread rapidly among this people group.
* Pray for the spiritual lives of the Chamling people to become fruitful as they follow Christ.
* Pray for the lives and culture of the Chamling people to evidence the rule and reign of the Kingdom of God as they open to the gospel, and for the beauty of Jesus to be seen in them.