Introduction / History
The Jats are traditionally a rural community in India and Pakistan. The term "Jat" originally meant "peasant," but they are much more than common field workers. In past centuries the Jats have excelled as fighters, and typically the reward for their skills has been acquiring land. The Sial Jats ruled the Jhang Province in northern Punjab for over 300 years before the coming of the British.
Where Are they Located?
There are a number of Muslim Jat clans in Pakistan, one of whom is the Sial Jats.
Most Sial Jats live in Punjab, a region that straddles India and Pakistan. It is noted as a very fertile region for growing grain.
What Are Their Lives Like?
Many Sial Jats are landowners who work in agriculture. Others are nomadic herdsmen. Sial Jats have served with distinction in the military. Traditionally their literacy rate for Sial Jats has been low.
What Are Their Beliefs?
This people group has a strong preference for elaborate wedding and funeral ceremonies. If you went to their weddings you will find that they marry within their clan but not within their family.
Sial Jats are Sunni Muslims
What Are Their Needs?
There are no known Sial Jat Christian believers in Pakistan. The Sial Jats of Pakistan need to hear the gospel in a meaningful way. Some of the Sial Jats in India follow Christ, but they are very rare.
* Scripture Prayers for the Jat Sial in Pakistan.
* Pray that the Lord would move some of the Christian Sial Jats of India to share the gospel with the Sial Jats of Pakistan.
* Pray more accurate and detailed information would become available about the Sial Jats.
* Pray the Lord would send His ambassadors to the Sial Jats.
* Pray the Lord would soften the hearts of the Sial Jats of Pakistan and bring them to Himself.