The Kumandin are located in Altai Territory, the Republic of Altai, and the Kemerovo Region of Russia.
The Kumandins are a Turkic, Altaic people, who traditionally make their living by hunting and fishing, working as herders and nomads and living off the land.
The Kumandin practice spirit worship and Shamanism.
Their language & culture are endangered, and there is real concern for the continuing of the Kumandin people. Many of them are facing unemployment, economic problems, as well as a loss of their own traditions.
* Scripture Prayers for the Kumandins in Russia.
* Pray that the Kumandins will know the power of the One True God over the spirits and that they will accept the salvation they can have by faith in Christ.
* Pray that God will saturate these people with His Word, His truth and His guidance, so they will no longer be in bondage to the emptiness of spirit worship and shamanism.
* Pray that God will save Kumandin leaders who will share the love of Jesus with their own people.
* Ask the Lord to bring forth a triumphant Kumandin church for the glory of His name, and through the church preserve the Kumandin people.
* Ask the Holy Spirit to soften the hearts of the Kumandin so that they will be receptive to the Gospel.
|Profile Source: Anonymous|
|Global Prayer Digest: 2011-03-24|
|Region||Europe, Eastern and Eurasia|
|National Bible Society||Website|
|Persecution Rank||Not ranked|
|Location in Country||Altay, Altayskiy Kray, and Khakasiya; Gorno-Altai Ao mountains, along Mongolia and China border. Source: Ethnologue 2016|
|Primary Language||Altai, Northern (2,900 speakers)|
|Language Code||atv Ethnologue Listing|
|Language Written||Yes ScriptSource Listing|
Primary Language: Altai, Northern
|Bible Translation ▲||Status (Years)|
|Possible Print Bibles|
|Forum Bible Agencies|
|National Bible Societies|
|World Bible Finder|
|Resource Type ▲||Resource Name|
|Text / Printed Matter||Online Bible text (Scripture Earth)|
|Primary Religion:||Ethnic Religions|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 0.00 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|