Haroi is a language, not a people group name. It is related to the language of the complex Cham peoples.
The Haroi language is spoken in Binh Dinh and Phu Yen provinces of Vietnam.
Like other peoples of this region, the Haroi speakers are farmers who grow rice and raise livestock.
The primary religion practiced by the Haroi people is ethnic religion. Ethnic religion is deeply rooted in a people's ethnic identity and conversion essentially equates to cultural assimilation.
Gospel recordings and the JESUS Film are not yet translated into this language. It would be helpful if they at least had the Gospel of Luke translated so it could be dubbed into the JESUS Film.
* Scripture Prayers for the Haroi in Vietnam.
* Pray for spiritual openness among these people.
* Pray for opportunities for them to hear that Jesus Christ is Lord of all.
* Pray that their leaders will be open to allowing Jesus to transform their communities.
* Pray for a disciple making movement that will bless Haroi speakers in multiple ways.
|Profile Source: Keith Carey|
|Persecution Rank||21 (Open Doors top 50 rank, 1 = highest persecution ranking)|
|Location in Country||Gia Lai and Phu Yen provinces. Source: Ethnologue 2016|
Primary Language: Haroi
|Bible Translation ▲||Status (Years)|
|Possible Print Bibles|
|Forum Bible Agencies|
|National Bible Societies|
|World Bible Finder|
|Resource Type ▲||Resource Name|
|Audio Recordings||Audio Bible teaching (GRN)|
|Primary Religion:||Ethnic Religions|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 1.11 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|