Introduction / History
Pangwala people are a Scheduled Tribe (of a tribal background) which brings them low status in Hindu society.
Where Are they Located?
The Pangwala tribe lives in the mountains of Himachal Pradesh, a state in northern India.
What Are Their Lives Like?
The Pangwala tribe lives in a very male-dominant culture.
What Are Their Beliefs?
The Pangwala people practice Hinduism, the ancient religion of India. They worship and serve the gods of the Hindu pantheon. They visit Hindu temples and offer prayers, food, flowers, and incense to their gods in hopes of gaining protection and benefits. They do not have a personal or familial relationship with their gods like Christians or Jews. There are many forms of Hinduism, each with its own deities and beliefs.
What Are Their Needs?
This tribe needs the chance to get the training they need to enter the 21st century work environment
* Scripture Prayers for the Pangwala in India.
* Pray for his kingdom to come and his will to be done among the Pangwala people.
* Pray for a movement of Pangwala households to study the Bible and accept the blessings of Christ.
* Pray for a spiritual hunger that will drive the Pangwala people to the arms of Jesus.
* Pray for workers who are filled with the fruit and the power of the Holy Spirit to go to the Pangwala people.