The Muslim Didoi people—also known as 'Tsez'—have lived on the edge over the past couple decades. 1st, their location in the southwest corner of Dagestan became 'the edge' of Russia when the Soviet Union broke up in 1991. Immediately south is the nation of Georgia. 2nd, internal power factors in Dagestan left them on 'the edge' of Dagestani life, and in 2011 a Didoi delegation even appealed for help from Georgia. 3rd, in 2012-13 mysterious fires started breaking out in a number of mountain Didoi villages, devastating whole villages, and the Dagestani military took over the whole region. The Didoi region—at least 38 total villages—has been 'on edge' for the past four years. On top of that, most Didoi villages are literally built on the edge of ridges, with houses stacked vertically on top of each other. One burned out village, Khutrakh, by translation literally means "The Edge."
Will this crisis among the Didoi lead to new openness to the love of Christ? Caring Christians have reached out to the suffering Didoi people—over 20,000 total—but have been mostly blocked by Dagestani powers. If you will pray for the Didoi according to Jesus' compassion in Matt.9:36-38, there is hope.
The name of People Group is Didoi and the name of the language which the Didoi People speak is Tsez
* Scripture Prayers for the Didoi, Tsez in Russia.
* In late 2013 in far northern Dagestan in a lowland settlement, a Didoi man (name left anonymous) has come to Jesus! Pray for the Spirit of God working through this 1st Didoi believer in his family and clan and extended relationships. The Didoi are known as 'the Eagle People'
* Pray that the grace of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit will help them "rise up with wings as eagles, to run and not be weary, to walk and not faint."(Isa.40:31)
* In light of the hostility from Muslim powers in Dagestan, pray for more 'men and women of peace'(Luke 10:6) among the Didoi to welcome the love of Christ.
* Pray for the Father (Mt.9:38) to send the right people at the right time into the right relationships, bringing the grace and power of Jesus into the Didoi world.
* Pray that the Word of God will be infused into Didoi culture by creative Tsez language work, and find its way into receptive Didoi hearts.
* 2017 UPDATE!—A new, small effort is underway to translate The Lord's Prayer into Tsez(Didoi)! Pray for this effort. Luke 18:1-8
|Profile Source: Anonymous|
|Expanded PDF Profile|
|Global Prayer Digest: 2010-03-19|
|Global Prayer Digest: 2014-03-21|
|Global Prayer Digest: 2017-03-24|
|People Name General||Didoi, Tsez|
|People Name in Country||Didoi, Tsez|
|Progress Scale||1 ●|
|Frontier People Group||Yes|
|GSEC||1 (per PeopleGroups.org)|
|Pioneer Workers Needed||1|
|Alternate Names||Dido; Tsez; Tsezy|
|Region||Europe, Eastern and Eurasia|
|National Bible Society||Website|
|Persecution Rank||46 (Open Doors top 50 rank, 1 = highest persecution ranking)|
|Location in Country||Dagestan Republic: Tsuntinsky district, several villages. Source: Ethnologue 2016|
Primary Language: Dido
|Bible Translation ▲||Status (Years)|
|Possible Print Bibles|
|Forum Bible Agencies|
|National Bible Societies|
|World Bible Finder|
|Resource Type ▲||Resource Name|
|Film / Video||The Prophets' Story|
|Text / Printed Matter||Online Bible text (Scripture Earth)|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 0.01 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|