The Kebena People Group live in the Gurage Zone. In the 19th century they were part of the Hadya Kingdom, in fact it was one of the two principalities of Hadya, an autonomous state ruled by Umar Baska. It became known as Kebena or Hadya Womba. It also became an important commercial and Islamic center under Baska rule. It was conquered by Menelik II soldiers after a fierce battle which was more of a religious nature. The Kebena subsist on agriculture. Unlike their southern kinsmen, the Hadya, the Kebena are followers of Islam.
* Scripture Prayers for the K'beena in Ethiopia.
* Pray to the Lord to send people that intercede for the Kebena.
* Ask the Lord to send laborers, especially from among the Hadya to reach the Kebena people.
* Ask the Lord to loosen the hold that Islam has in their lives.
* Ask the Lord to provide evangelistic resources in their language.
|Profile Source: MANI|
|Region||Africa, East and Southern|
|National Bible Society||Website|
|Persecution Rank||28 (Open Doors top 50 rank, 1 = highest persecution ranking)|
|Primary Language||Alaba-K'abeena (84,000 speakers)|
|Language Code||alw Ethnologue Listing|
|Language Written||Yes ScriptSource Listing|
Primary Language: Alaba-K'abeena
|Bible Translation ▲||Status (Years)|
|Possible Print Bibles|
|Forum Bible Agencies|
|National Bible Societies|
|World Bible Finder|
|Resource Type ▲||Resource Name|
|Audio Recordings||Audio Bible teaching (GRN)|
|Audio Recordings||Story of Jesus audio (Jesus Film Project)|
|Film / Video||Jesus Film: view in Alaba-K'abeena|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 1.07 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|