The Soyot people were once part of a cluster of peoples that eventually split into three groups. Then the Soyots themselves were nearly engulfed by the much larger Buryat groups that migrated into their homeland from Mongolia. One of their chief occupations was reindeer breeding, but were forced into other work under the Soviet Union. Now they are trying to revive that part of their culture since becoming a recognized people group after the fall of communism.
The Soyot are located in Buryatia, Russia.
Although most practice Tibetan Buddhism, they are trying to go back to their Shamanistic roots in an effort to revive their dying culture. Their language is close to extinction.
* Pray for culturally sensitive workers to take Jesus to the Soyot people in such a way that they realize that they can embrace Him without jeopardizing their culture.
* Pray that the Soyot will know the great power of Jesus Christ over the power of spirits.
* Pray that God would send Russian, Buryat & Mongolian Christians to share the Good News of Jesus with the Soyot people.
* Ask God to open the hearts of the Soyot to make them receptive to the Gospel of Christ.
* Ask the Lord to raise up strong local churches among the Soyot.
|Profile Source: Anonymous|
|Global Prayer Digest: 2011-03-12|
|Region||Eastern Europe and Eurasia|
|Persecution Rank||Not ranked|
|Location in Country||Tyva Republic and Krasnoyarskiy Kray; southern Siberia near Mongolia border. Source: Ethnologue 2016|
|Bible Translation ▲||Status (Years)|
|Bible Portions||Yes (1996)|
|New Testament||Yes (2002)|
|Complete Bible||Yes (2011)|
|Possible Print Bibles|
|Forum of Bible Agencies|
|World Bible Finder|
|Resource Type ▲||Resource Name|
|Audio Recordings||Audio Bible teaching (GRN)|
|Audio Recordings||Online New Testament (FCBH)|
|Film / Video||Jesus Film: view in Tuva|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 0.00 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|