The Tai Long people observe many of the same customs as the other Tai groups in Myanmar, Thailand, and Laos. There are slight dialect differences due to living in different locales. They are a small subgroup of the Tai peoples.
The Tai Long people live only in northern Laos.
Like other tribal peoples in Laos, the Tai Long do not have access to things that people in cities take for granted like reliable electricity and clean water. They spend much of their time trying to make sure they have enough food.
Like other Tai groups, the Tai Long claim adherence to Buddhism and mix that with spirit worship and shamanism. They might call upon a shaman to bless a new house and keep the occupants safe from wicked spirits.
Believers who want to be a blessing to the physical needs of the Tai Long people could help them with modern amenities.
* Scripture Prayers for the Tai Long in Laos.
* Pray for gospel workers to catch a vision for reaching the Tai Long people of Laos through Jesus and that in God’s sovereign timing their hearts would be open and ready to follow Him.
* Pray for Jesus movements to bless extended Tai Long families so the gospel will spread rapidly among this people group.
* Pray for the spiritual lives of the Tai Long people to become fruitful as they follow Christ.
* Pray for the lives and culture of the Tai Long people to evidence the rule and reign of the Kingdom of God as they open to the gospel, and for the beauty of Jesus to be seen in them.
|Profile Source: Keith Carey|
|Global Prayer Digest: 2012-06-07|
|People Name General||Tai Long|
|People Name in Country||Tai Long|
|Population this Country||2,100|
|Population all Countries||2,100|
|Progress Scale||1 ●|
|Frontier People Group||Yes|
|Pioneer Workers Needed||1|
|Alternate Names||Chinese Shan; Dai Le; Dai Loe; Dai Mo; Dehong; Dehong Dai; Kang; Kong; Mao; Mao Tai; Maw; Tai Dehong; Tai Le; Tai Loe; Tai Mo; Tai Nuea|
|Persecution Rank||22 (Open Doors top 50 rank, 1 = highest persecution ranking)|
|Location in Country||Louangphabang Province. Source: Ethnologue 2016|
|Primary Religion:||Ethnic Religions|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 0.00 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|