Surbakhal is a language spoken in eastern Chad. It is the name for both a people group and a language.
Surbakhal people live in Chad's Ouaddaï Region; specifically Assoungha department, Adré subprefecture, between Hadjer Hadid and Alacha. This area is in eastern Chad, close to the border with Sudan.
In the early 2000s there was fighting between Chad and Sudan in this general region, which affected all people groups. Though the fighting has stopped, the Ouaddaï Region is close to Darfur, where fighting can erupt at any time. This land where the Surbakhal people live is dry, so farmers and livestock herders alike have trouble making a living in this region.
The primary religion practiced by the Surbakhal people is Islam, a monotheistic religion built around the teachings of the Koran and of the prophet Mohammad. They also believe in numerous spirit beings which they believe have the power to bless or curse them on a daily basis.
Believers can help the peoples in this region by helping them find water and dig wells.
* Scripture Prayers for the Surbakhal in Chad.
* Pray for peace in the land where the Surbakhal people live.
* Pray for a spiritual hunger among the Surbakhal people that will lead them to devoting their lives to Jesus.
* Pray for believers to be able to go to the Surbakhal people and help them develop their land so it will be more productive.
* Pray for a disciple making movement among this people group that will transform their communities.
|Profile Source: Keith Carey|
|Global Prayer Digest: 2019-02-21|
|People Name General||Surbakhal|
|People Name in Country||Surbakhal|
|Progress Scale||1 ●|
|Frontier People Group||Yes|
|Unengaged||Yes (per Finishing the Task)|
|GSEC||0 (per PeopleGroups.org)|
|Pioneer Workers Needed||1|
|Region||Africa, West and Central|
|Persecution Rank||Not ranked|
|Location in Country||Ouaddaï region: Assoungha department, Adré subprefecture, between Hadjer Hadid and Alacha. Source: Ethnologue 2016|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 0.00 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|