The Sonsogon are a subtribe of the Kadazandusun Kimaragan people in Malaysia.
The Sonsogon people live in the northern tip of Borneo. They live near the Sonsogon and the Magandai Rivers.
The Sonsogon people are in the process of having major changes come to their villages. In 2015, there was a sanitation project which brought them clean water and toilets. In 2017 there was a logging road built to connect their villages with the rest of Malaysia.
The primary religion practiced by the Sonsogon people is ethnic religion. Ethnic religion is deeply rooted in a people's ethnic identity and conversion essentially equates to cultural assimilation.
As the outside world comes to the Sonsogon people, they will need ways to protect their interests.
* Scripture Prayers for the Sonsogon in Malaysia.
* Pray for justice and mercy to flood Sonsogon villages as they have greater dealings with outsiders.
* Pray for these people to find Jesus to be their ultimate shield from the spirit world.
* Pray for a spiritual openness among the Sonsogon people when they come in contact with Christian missionaries.
* Pray for a disciple making movement to spread to all their villages and transform them for the better.
|Profile Source: Keith Carey|
|Global Prayer Digest: 2019-03-07|
|Persecution Rank||42 (Open Doors top 50 rank, 1 = highest persecution ranking)|
|Location in Country||Sabah: Beluran, Kota Marudu, and Pitas districts. Source: Ethnologue 2016|
|Primary Language||Kimaragang (4,800 speakers)|
|Language Code||kqr Ethnologue Listing|
|Dialect Code||12008 Global Recordings Listing|
|Language Written||Yes ScriptSource Listing|
|Primary Religion:||Ethnic Religions|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 0.50 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|