The few people who speak Morerebi are vulnerable to having their lives and livelihoods destroyed by the outside world. As they come in contact with outsiders, they can contract diseases that they have no immunities to. They have been able to survive by hunting wild game, and finding edible plants, but if they are forced to live in Brazilian towns or cities, they will be like fish trying to live on the land.
The Morerebi people live in the Amazon Basin of Brazil. They are isolated from the rest of the country by dense forests and rivers that are very difficult to navigate.
The Morerebi people have slipped in numbers because of diseases introduced from outsiders. Their isolation, however, has prevented this from become a bigger problem.
Most likely these people are very adept at living off the land God has given them. They can hunt wild game, find edible plants, and survive without the outside world.
The Morerebi people have their own ethnic religion. People who are trying to maintain their identity and culture cling to their traditional religion. To them, "conversion" is the same as cultural assimilation.
The Morerebi people need to be able to assimilate with the rest of Brazil in such a way that they are not endangered by diseases and exploitation. They are highly vulnerable as the rain forest is torn down for virgin farmland.
* Scripture Prayers for the Morerebi in Brazil.
* Pray for the Morerebi people to find a way to assimilate with Brazilian society without suffering from the usual exploitation.
* Pray that they will find ways to earn an honest living through the skills and talents God has given them as a people.
* Pray for believers to help the Morerebi people enter Brazilian society in such a way that the usual tragic consequences are minimized.
* Pray for a disciple making movement among the Morerebi people.
|Profile Source: Keith Carey|
|Global Prayer Digest: 2014-05-18|
|People Name General||Morerebi|
|People Name in Country||Morerebi|
|Progress Scale||1 ●|
|Frontier People Group||Yes|
|Unengaged||Yes (per Finishing the Task)|
|GSEC||0 (per PeopleGroups.org)|
|Pioneer Workers Needed||1|
|National Bible Society||Website|
|Persecution Rank||Not ranked|
|Location in Country||Amazonas state: Marmelos and Rio Preto; Mato Grosso state. Source: Ethnologue 2016|
|Primary Religion:||Ethnic Religions|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 0.00 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|