Kravet history documents a long series of outside attempts to control and dominate them. Nearby countries, including the Lao and the Khmer, plus the French, all tried and failed. The Kravets resisted all efforts to be engulfed by someone else's culture.
The Kravets are a subgroup of the Brao peoples. Brao refers to several sub-sets of peoples in northeast Cambodia and southern Laos. The Kravet people only live in Cambodia.
Their slash-and-burn agriculture causes them to become semi-nomadic within this mountainous region of Southeast Asia.
Their religion involves many taboos, as well as appeasement for good and bad spirits.
They are especially concerned about using the spirit world to protect their communities.
The Kravet people need to put their faith in the One who is faithful and true to all who call upon His name.
* Scripture Prayers for the Kravet in Cambodia.
* Pray that missionaries can win the trust of Kravet village elders.
* Pray that the Holy Spirit will soften the hearts of Kravet elders and shamans so that they can see the holiness, righteousness and sovereignty of Jesus.
* Pray that the loving kindness of Christ will prove more attractive to the Kravet people than the power of village spirits.
* Pray for a disciple making movement to transform Kravet communities.
|Profile Source: Keith Carey|
|Global Prayer Digest: 2011-06-14|
|National Bible Society||Website|
|Persecution Rank||Not ranked|
|Location in Country||Ratanakiri province: Virochey area north of San river; Stung Treng province: Siempang east of Kang river. Source: Ethnologue 2018|
|Primary Language||Kavet (8,100 speakers)|
|Language Code||krv Ethnologue Listing|
|Dialect Code||12343 Global Recordings Listing|
|Primary Religion:||Ethnic Religions|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 0.10 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|