The Bua are nomads in the country of Chad. They are farmers and herders. They live north of Sarh.
The Bua travel a lot with their cattle, sheep and other animals. They were forced into becoming Muslims at the beginning of the last century. Most are now animists with some following Folk Islam.
With the Bua, there has been some useful contact with Chadian government workers who are Christians. Bible translation is needed as they do not know Arabic very well. They speak their own Bua language too.
* Scripture Prayers for the Bua in Chad.
* Pray that the Chadian Christians the Bua are in contact with will lead them to Jesus Christ.
* Pray that God will give them dreams and visions leading them to salvation.
* Pray that in spite of them being nomads they can be found easily.
* Pray for Bible translation that is understandable to them.
Phillips, David J., Peoples on the Move: Introducing the Nomads of the World, William Carey Library, 2001. p186.
|Profile Source: Anonymous|
|Global Prayer Digest: 2019-02-05|
|Region||West and Central Africa|
|Persecution Rank||Not ranked|
|Location in Country||Guéra region: Barh Signaka department, Melfi subprefecture; Moyen-Chari region: Barh Kôh department, Sarh subprefecture, Korbol area and northeast. Source: Ethnologue 2016|
Primary Language: Bua
|Bible Translation ▲||Status (Years)|
|Possible Print Bibles|
|Forum Bible Agencies|
|National Bible Societies|
|World Bible Finder|
|Resource Type ▲||Resource Name|
|Audio Recordings||Audio Bible teaching (GRN)|
|Primary Religion:||Ethnic Religions|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 0.08 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|