The Bashkardi are among the many tribal people groups in Iran. Their language is related to Farsi, the language of most Iranians, but they are Sunni rather than Shi 'a Muslims like the Iranian majority.
The Bashkardi people live in the southernmost region of Iran.
The Bashkardi people live in a dry land where they are vulnerable because of a lack of clean water. Their homes are simple; palm fronds and grass line the outside of their tent-like houses. Some of them are potters, but most focus on tending livestock.
Their primary language is Bashkardi. Unlike the Iranian majority, the primary religion practiced by the Bashkardi people is Sunni Islam, the largest branch of Islam. Sunni Muslims follow the teachings of the Koran and consider the first four caliphs to be the rightful successors of Muhammad.
The Bashkardi people need someone to help them build wells so they can have clean water for their families and for their livestock. Lack of clean water creates many health hazards.
* Scripture Prayers for the Bashkardi in Iran.
* Pray for the Holy Spirit to give the Bashkardi people in Iran teachable and understanding hearts.
* Pray that a strong movement of the Holy Spirit will bring entire Bashkardi families into a rich experience of God's blessing.
* Pray for Bashkardi families to be drawn by the Holy Spirit to seek forgiveness, and to understand the adequacy of Christ's work on the cross.
* Pray for teams of believers to do sustained, focused prayer for the Lord to open the hearts of Bashkardi family leaders to experience God's blessing through a movement of family-based discovery Bible studies.
|Profile Source: Keith Carey|
|Global Prayer Digest: 2016-11-04|
|People Name General||Bashkardi|
|People Name in Country||Bashkardi|
|Population this Country||9,000|
|Population all Countries||9,000|
|Progress Scale||1 ●|
|Frontier People Group||Yes|
|GSEC||0 (per PeopleGroups.org)|
|Pioneer Workers Needed||1|
|Persecution Rank||9 (Open Doors top 50 rank, 1 = highest persecution ranking)|
|Location in Country||East Hormozgan, South Kerman, possibly southwest Sistan va Baluchestan provinces. Source: Ethnologue 2016|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 0.00 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|