The Manyuki people are not well known outside of their Myanmar homeland. At this point in time, they do not have the chance to be reached with the gospel, partly because they live in a closed country.
The Manyuki people live only in Myanmar.
Like other people groups in this region, the Manyuki people earn a meager living by farming rice and vegetables. Their meat supply comes from their livestock and by fishing.
The Manyuki people are animistic, meaning that they are at the mercy of the spirit world. They make offerings to the spirits in hopes of being blessed with abundant harvests and healthy family members. Neglecting the spirits will result in curses in these areas.
The Manyuki people need to be released from the fear of wicked spirits.
* Scripture Prayers for the Manyuki in Myanmar (Burma).
* Pray for spiritual openness among the Manyuki people of Myanmar.
* Pray for dreams and visions for Manyuki leaders that will give them the willingness to encourage believers to reach their tribe.
* Pray for the Manyuki people to have the chance to hear the gospel in a culturally appropriate way.
* Pray for a disciple making movement among this people group to transform their communities in Myanmar.
|Profile Source: Keith Carey|
|National Bible Society||Website|
|Persecution Rank||18 (Open Doors top 50 rank, 1 = highest persecution ranking)|
|Location in Country||Bamouk, Innlay, Wunthu areas Source: Field worker|
Primary Language: Shan
|Bible Translation ▲||Status (Years)|
|Bible-New Testament||Yes (1882-1995)|
|Possible Print Bibles|
|Forum Bible Agencies|
|National Bible Societies|
|World Bible Finder|
|Resource Type ▲||Resource Name|
|Audio Recordings||Audio Bible teaching (GRN)|
|Audio Recordings||Online New Testament (FCBH)|
|Audio Recordings||Story of Jesus audio (Jesus Film Project)|
|Film / Video||God's Story Video|
|Film / Video||Jesus Film: view in Shan|
|Film / Video||Retaliate With Love|
|Film / Video||The Gospel - Shan Animation|
|Film / Video||The Way to Worship in God's House|
|General||Shan Bible App|
|Text / Printed Matter||Bible: The Holy Bible in Shan Common Language|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 0.05 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|