Cultures mix through the centuries, and Algeria is no exception. The Arabs in that country have been influenced by the Berbers in such a way that they are different than Arabs who live further east in the Levant region of the Middle East and the Arabian Peninsula. As Algerian Arabs come to Europe, they must adjust to a far different culture than they knew in North Africa.
Most likely, the few Algerian Arabs in Denmark live in urban centers like Copenhagen.
The Algerian Arabs in Denmark are small in number, but there are Arab people groups from many other parts of this vast Arabic-speaking part of the world. They are trying to earn a living in a culture that is very different from what they knew in Algeria.
The Algerian Arabs in Denmark are Sunni Muslims.
It is difficult for people from the Arab World to assimilate into Danish society. They come from a part of the world with a different language, religion, and customs. They can use the help of people who will teach them needed job skills and the Danish language.
* Scripture Prayers for the Algerian, Arabic-speaking in Denmark.
* Ask God to call out prayer teams who will begin breaking up the soil through intercession.
* Several mission agencies have focused on the Arabized Berbers living in European nations. Pray that God will use them to open the eyes of the Algerians to the glory of the risen Savior.
* There are some Berbers in North Africa that have embraced Christ, and now live in Europe. Pray that God will call some of these to reach out to the Algerian Arabs in Denmark.
* Ask the Lord to raise up strong disciple making movements among each Arabic-speaking community in Denmark.
|Profile Source: Keith Carey|
|People Name General||Algerian, Arabic-speaking|
|People Name in Country||Algerian, Arabic-speaking|
|Progress Scale||1 ●|
|Frontier People Group||No|
|Pioneer Workers Needed||1|
|Alternate Names||Arabized Berber, Ibidites, Moroccan Arab|
|Primary Language||Arabic, Algerian Spoken (900 speakers)|
|Language Code||arq Ethnologue Listing|
|Language Written||Yes ScriptSource Listing|
Primary Language: Arabic, Algerian Spoken
|Bible Translation ▲||Status (Years)|
|Bible-New Testament||Yes (1965)|
|Possible Print Bibles|
|Forum Bible Agencies|
|National Bible Societies|
|World Bible Finder|
|Resource Type ▲||Resource Name|
|Audio Recordings||Arabic Bibles Online|
|Audio Recordings||Audio Bible teaching (GRN)|
|Audio Recordings||Story of Jesus audio (Jesus Film Project)|
|Film / Video||Algerian Contextual Gathering (Indigitube.tv)|
|Film / Video||In the Light (Indigitube.tv)|
|Film / Video||Jesus Film: view in Arabic, Algerian Spoken|
|Film / Video||Magdalena (Jesus Film Project)|
|Film / Video||Story of Jesus for Children (JF Project)|
|Text / Printed Matter||World Missionary Press Booklets|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 2.00 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|