What Are Their Beliefs?
Over 90% of Italians profess to be Catholic, but less than 1% attend church more than three times a year, including weddings and funerals. Secularism is growing among Italians. Islam and the occult are the two fastest growing religions in Italy. Many Italians believe in the supernatural.
What Are Their Needs?
Missionaries are needed to live out John 1...Italians need people like Jesus, to come and be with them, live among them and be full of grace and truth. Because the country on paper is 98% christian missionaries often do not go, but there are closed countries that have more evangelical christians than Italy. The Italian people need the true gospel of Jesus Christ brought to them with love and grace.
* Pray that God would send his children to the Italian people.
* Pray that hearts would be softened to receive the good news of Jesus Christ.
* Pray that the Holy Spirit would protect and guide those already laboring in Italy.
* Pray that the power of the gospel would overcome materialism, hedonism, occultic practices and Islam and that Christ would be glorified among the Italian people.
* Thank God for the work he is already doing and for those souls that are being saved and pray that he safeguards them against the lies and attacks of the enemy.
|Profile Source: Anonymous|