Where Are they Located?
The Udekhe live in Primorsky Krai and the city of Khabarovsk, Russia.
What Are Their Lives Like?
The Udekhs' way of life is closely connected with their taiga forest and hunting. This previously required a more mobile lifestyle. However under Soviet rule, many of the Udekhe were resettled and now there exist nine ethnically pure Udekhe settlements all located some distance apart. With the threat of industry & development, the Udekhe are fighting for control over their traditional territories along the Bikin River in an effort to save their land, their culture and their language from becoming obsolete.
What Are Their Beliefs?
The Udekhe worship the Spirit of Taiga and practice shamanism and animal worship. There is no translation of the Bible in their language.
* Ask God to preserve the language and culture of the Udekhe people.
* Pray that God will send workers to live among the Udekhe and share the good news of Jesus Christ with them.
* Ask God to open the hearts and minds of the Udekhe people to believe and accept the Truth of Jesus Christ and to know the power of the One True God.
* Ask God to establish a strong, healthy church in each of the 9 Udekhe settlements.
* Pray that God would raise up Prayer warriors on behalf of the Udekhe people.
* Pray that there will soon be gospel recordings and Bible portions available in the heart language of the Udekhe.
|Profile Source: Anonymous|