Where Are they Located?
The Mansi people of Russia are located in Tyumen and Sverdiovsk regions of Siberia. Their communities lie in a vast plain, divided by many rivers and lakes.
What Are Their Lives Like?
The Mansis are a semi-nomadic people who specialize in fishing, but as a result of pollution and the oil industry, their way of life has changed in recent years, and has threatened the survival of the Mansi culture and language.
What Are Their Beliefs?
They are seen as nominal Orthodox Christian, but in practice they are Animistic. They practice ancestor worship and believe that every man has five souls. The Bible has yet to be completely translated into their language.
What Are Their Needs?
No Russian believers visit the areas where the Mansi live. Because of their isolation, outreach is very difficult.
* Ask the Lord to call workers who are willing to live the semi-nomadic lifestyle in order to reach out and share the love of Christ with the Mansi.
* Pray for the complete translation of the Bible into the heart language of the Mansi.
* Pray that growing and healthy Christian churches will be planted among the Mansi people.
* Ask the Holy Spirit to soften the hearts of the Mansi people so that they will be receptive to the Gospel.
* Pray that the Mansi may know the power and love of the One True God.
* Ask God to preserve the language & culture of the Mansi.
* Pray for outreaches in every Mansi community.
|Profile Source: Anonymous|