Send Joshua Project a photo
of this people group.
Send Joshua Project a map of this people group.
|Christian Adherents:||1.00 %|
|Online Audio NT:||No|
|Affinity Bloc:||East Asian Peoples|
Yoron is a language that is related to Japanese. It has more tones and sounds than Japanese, making it very difficult for outsiders to learn.
The Yoron people live on an island near Okinawa.
Their island is a tourist destination for people who enjoy beaches, water sports and good weather. Many of the people there work with the tourist industry; an industry that is stronger there than in the other Japanese islands.
With such a small population, Yoron speakers are in the process of becoming more like the Japanese or the Taiwanese.
The Yoron people are adherents to a form of folk religion, that includes a complex mix of beliefs and practices of Buddhism, Taoism and ancestor veneration. Many also practice Shintoism like the Japanese.
The Yoron people need to hear that Jesus Christ offers them life to the full if they would just accept it!
* Pray for workers to go to the Yoron people, and for their hearts to be ready to receive their savior.
* Pray for networks of believing Yoron families and fellowships that will throw the doors open for others to follow Jesus.
* Pray for the Lord to bless the families among the Yoron people with his presence and mercy.
* Pray for believers among this people group to disciple others who will disciple still others.
* Pray for Bible believing fellowships and churches among the Yoron people.