Photo Source: Anonymous
Send Joshua Project a map of this people group.
|People Name:||Baghban (Muslim traditions)|
|Primary Language:||Punjabi, Western|
|Christian Adherents:||0.00 %|
|Online Audio NT:||No|
|People Cluster:||South Asia Muslim - other|
|Affinity Bloc:||South Asian Peoples|
The Muslim Baghban people are spread far and wide. As a result, they speak eight languages. You can find them in both the rural and urban parts of India and Pakistan. They also have a Facebook site of some 2,000 members. Although they speak Awalhi, they use Urdu as a trade language. The Baghban's name derives from their occupation. It means "gardener."
The Baghban people live in rural and urban India and Pakistan. In Pakistan, most live in the northernmost Khyber-Pukhtoon-Khwa (formerly Northwestern) Province.
Most of the Baghban people are agriculturalists who raise vegetables on small plots. However, others engage in wholesale and retail sales of fruits. In Pakistan they have an educational trust. There is also a Baghban Muslim Welfare Association that advocates for their needs.
In Pakistan the Baghban people are solidly Sunni Muslim. We know of no followers of Christ among them.
The Baghban community needs to hear about what Jesus can do for them as individuals, as families, and as communities. There are evangelistic materials available to them.
* Pray that God will open Baghban hearts to the gospel and will raise up people of peace to tell them of Jesus.
* Pray that God will reveal Himself in dreams and visions and send believers who can explain those dreams and visions to them.
* Pray that many will be drawn to read or listen to gospel resources.
* Pray that churches will adopt this people group and support those seeking to win them to become part of God's family.
* Pray for a disciple-making movement among the Baghban people in Pakistan and India.