Rajput Chauhan (Muslim traditions) in Pakistan
The name Rajput is derived from the Sanskrit word rajputra, meaning "son of a ruler." Rajputs were the class of South Asian warriors and nobles for centuries. At certain times they were the warriors who conquered kingdoms and defended the land; when possible they enjoyed the life of nobles. When the British Empire began controlling parts of the Subcontinent starting in the late 1700s, they recruited Rajputs into their military. Today Chauhan Rajputs love to share about the military exploits of their ancestors.
Chauhan Rajputs have a strong sense of pride in their historical exploits. Even today they enjoy high status which reinforces that pride. Pride is anathema to our Lord, and Rajputs will need to overcome this spiritual obstacle and accept the Kingdom of God like small children if they are going to enter it.
Long-standing traditions as well as spiritual forces keep the Muslim Chauhan Rajputs away from the Savior. Reaching the Rajputs would be enhanced by knowledge of South Asian history and how the caste system affects their worldview.
Pray for the followers of Christ
* Pray that the small group of Christian believers will be united in love around the truth of Scripture. Pray they live a life of love, just as Christ loved them and gave himself up for them.
* Pray for the few Rajput believers to have the boldness to share the ways of Christ with other Rajputs.
Pray for the entire people group
* Pray the Lord will give Muslim Chauhan Rajputs a spiritual hunger, then satisfy that hunger.
* Pray that these Rajputs will understand the value of becoming part of God's royal family.
* Pray for a Holy Spirit led humility for all Rajput communities to fall at the feet of the King of kings.
* Pray for a disciple making movement among every Rajput community.
"As for Ishmael, I have heard you; behold, I will bless him, and will make him fruitful and will multiply him exceedingly. He shall become the father of twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation." Genesis 17:20
||Rajput Chauhan (Muslim traditions)
|Online Audio NT:
||Few, less than 2%
Presented by Joshua Project