Rajput Bhatti (Muslim traditions) in Pakistan
The name Rajput is derived from the Sanskrit word rajputra, meaning "son of a ruler." Rajputs were the class of South Asian warriors and nobles for centuries. At certain times they were the warriors who conquered kingdoms and defended the land; when possible they enjoyed the life of nobles. When the British Empire began controlling parts of the Subcontinent starting in the late 1700s, they recruited Rajputs into their military. Today the Rajputs love to share about the military exploits of their ancestors.
Bhatti Rajputs have a strong sense of pride in their historical exploits. Even today they enjoy high status which reinforces that pride. Pride is anathema to our Lord, and Bhatti Rajputs will need to overcome this spiritual obstacle and accept the Kingdom of God like small children if they are going to enter it.
Long-standing traditions as well as spiritual forces keep the Bhatti Rajputs away from the Savior no matter where they live. Reaching the Rajputs would be enhanced by knowledge of India's history and how the caste system affects their worldview.
Pray for the followers of Christ
* Pray that the small group of believers will be united in love around the truth of Scripture.
* Pray they live a life of love, just as Christ loved them and gave himself up for them.
* Pray for the few Rajput believers to have the boldness to share the ways of Christ with other Rajputs.
Pray for the entire people group
* Pray the Lord will give Muslim Bhatti Rajputs a spiritual hunger, then satisfy that hunger.
* Pray that these Rajputs will understand the value of becoming part of God's royal family.
* Pray for a Holy Spirit led humility for all Rajput communities to fall at the feet of the King of kings.
* Pray for a disciple making movement among every Rajput community.
"And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed." Genesis 12:3