Map Source: People Group Location: Omid. Other geography / data: GMI. Map Design: Joshua Project
|People Name:||Kayastha Karan|
|Christian Adherents:||0.00 %|
|Online Audio NT:||No|
|People Cluster:||South Asia Hindu - Kayastha|
|Affinity Bloc:||South Asian Peoples|
The word Karan comes from the word meaning scribe which was their traditional work.
Most of these people live in Bangladesh or India, but a small number live in Nepal.
The Kayastha Karan allow divorce and remarriage, but divorce is not allowed unless the wife cannot have children. Widowers can marry again. They are landowners who work mainly in agriculture. Many are educated, so they have opportunities to work in government and private service. Some are self-employed.
Hinduism is their religion.
The Kayastha Karan people need the opportunity to be blessed by the Son of God who takes away the sins of the world.
* Pray for the Holy Spirit to give the Kayastha Karan people in Nepal teachable and understanding hearts.
* Pray for a strong movement of the Holy Spirit to bring entire Kayastha Karan
families into a rich experience of God's blessing.
* Pray for Kayastha Karan families to be drawn by the Holy Spirit to seek forgiveness, and to understand the adequacy of Christ's work on the cross.
* Pray for a movement of Kayastha Karan households to study the Bible and accept the blessings of Christ.
* Pray for the Kayastha Karan people to understand and embrace that Jesus wants to bless their families and neighborhoods.