The earliest government of the Siberian Tatars was formed in the 14th century, where they inhabited and dominated Siberia for many years. It was during this time that they converted to Islam. In the 16th century, the Russians came to Siberia and conquered the Tatars, who then became part of the Russian state. Their language and cultural traditions have distinct Arabic and Muslim elements, but over the years, they became russified, taking on Russian lifestyle and values. Even their Muslim faith is blended with many animistic beliefs. In recent years they are trying to renew their traditions and language. They are a hard-working, artistic and athletic people, with very strong family ties.
The Siberian Tatars live in the Tyumen, Kurgan, and Omsk regions of Russia.
* Pray that the Siberian Tatars will know the power and love of the One Sovereign True God.
* Ask God to preserve the culture and language of the Siberian Tatars so that they can worship God together.
* Ask God to send ambassadors who can proclaim the hope and truth of Jesus to the Siberian Tatars, using artistic and athletic means to share the Gospel.
* Pray that God will establish strong churches among the Siberian Tatar.
* Pray that God will open the hearts of the Siberian Tatars so that they will be hungry for and ready to receive the truth of God's Word.
|Profile Source: Anonymous|
|Primary Language:||Tatar (6,700 speakers)|
|Language Code:||tat Ethnologue Listing|
|For Primary Language:||Tatar|
|Bible Translation ▲||Status (Years)|
|Bible Portions||Yes (1864-2007)|
|New Testament||Yes (1820-2005)|
|Possible Print Bibles|
|Forum of Bible Agencies|
|World Bible Finder|
|Resource Type ▲||Resource Name|
|Audio Recordings||Audio Bible teaching (GRN)|
|Audio Recordings||Online New Testament (FCBH)|
|Audio Recordings||Story of Jesus audio (Jesus Film Project)|
|Film / Video||God's Story Video|
|Film / Video||Jesus Film: view in Tatar|
|Film / Video||Story of Jesus for Children (JF Project)|
|General||Got Questions Ministry|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 0.10 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|