Where are they Located?
The majority of Mountain Jews live in Dagestan, the city of Moscow, and Kabardino-Balkaria.
What are Their Lives Like?
The Mountain Jews live in the mountainous Caucasus area of Russia, where they have lived peacefully with their Muslim neighbors for many years. Their culture contains a mixture of Caucasus and Jewish elements and their language, which is in danger of being lost, is a dialect of ancient Iranian that integrates Hebrew elements. The Mountain Jews celebrate Jewish holidays and the Sabbath, and the synagogue is the center of Jewish community. They have their own traditional music, dances and foods, which portrays the mix of Caucasian and Jewish culture. These traditions are what bind the Mountain Jews together as they seek to preserve their culture and religion.
* Pray that the Mountain Jews would know that Jesus is the True Messiah and Savior of the world.
* Ask the Lord to soften the hearts of the Jews towards Christians so that they might hear and receive the message of Jesus Christ.
* Ask God to preserve the culture and language of the Mountain Jews so that this people will worship the One True God together.
* Pray that God will use the Mountain Jews' friendly relations with their Muslim neighbors for His good purposes so that ultimately both peoples will together worship, serve, and share Christ.
* Pray that God would open the hearts of the Mountain Jews to Christians and to the Good News of Jesus.
|Profile Source: Anonymous|